On Thursday 21st September Plymouth Hour donated to a local charity called Friends and Families. After the donation Mr.Russell, the founder of Plymouth Hour was invited into their local offices to meet the team behind the charity and was invited to their ball in February.
Friends and Families of Special Children was set up in 2002 by a group of parents who identified a gap in service provision for families with children who experience disabilities. The group gained charitable status in 2006 and has grown since then. Their offices are in Virginia House in Bretonside, Plymouth and are open Monday to Friday 10am – 2pm. Friends and Families provides support, guidance and activities for the families with children who experience all forms of disabilities and additional needs.
The types of services that Friends and Families provide include:
- Social and leisure activities for the whole family.
- Support in filling out grant applications and DLA forms.
- Equipment loan library.
- Activities for young and sibling carers.
- Give guidance on local services and engage with health, education and social service agencies.
- Provide support and learning for parents and carers.
- Give everyone the time to the be listened to and offer a positive view of the future.
For more information please visit the Friends and Families website and social media.